Chemistry in the Service of Mankind
- 18. Chemistry in the Service of Mankind
- 18.1 Explain addition and condensation polymers.
- 18.2 Explain elastomers and fibers.
- 18.3 Describe natural and synthetic polymers.
- 18.4 Explain some synthetic polymers (polythene, PVC, Teflon, polystyrene, nylon and Bakelite).
- 18.5 Explain types of dyes on the basis of structure and method of application.
- 18.6 Describe characteristics of drugs.
- 18.7 Differentiate natural and synthetic drugs.
- 18.8 Classify some common drugs.
- 18.9 Be aware of adverse effect of drug addiction.
- 18.10 Explain insecticides, herbicides and fungicides
Addition and condensation polymers ; Elastomers and fibres ; Natural and synthetic polymers ; Some synthetic polymers (polythene, PVC, Teflon, polystyrene, nylon and Bakelite ;
Introduction; Types of dyes on the basis of structure and method of application;
Characteristics of drugs; Natural and synthetic drugs ; Classification of some common drugs; Habit forming drugs and drug addiction ;
Introduction to insecticides, herbicides and fungicides